What is TAG?As the size of The Heights has grown, the need for discipleship and mentoring on a more personal scale has become apparent. Women’s Ministry not only desires for all women to know they are uniquely designed and loved, but for all women to feel connected to the body of Christ. Through the Mentoring Ministry, Touching Another Generation (TAG), the Women’s Ministry has the opportunity to touch the lives of individuals and speak truth into their lives on a more intimate level.
TAG Mission StatementTouching Another Generation is a lifestyle-mentoring ministry where women will invest in the lives of one another through loving, laughing, listening, guiding and encouraging. The goal of lifestyle mentoring is for mentors to guide younger women or “mereas”, in their current life season and help them grow spiritually in their relationship with Christ. Through lifestyle mentoring, TAG hopes to help women form meaningful relationships that are a source of support, growth and strength.
Frequently Asked QuestionsPurpose: Spiritual growth through friendship.
What is a Mentor and what do they do?– A mentor is a woman who is successfully navigating the seasons & experiences of life.
– She is a mature woman who is developing in faith and consistent in godly conduct.
– She is willing to listen, share skills, and provide a positive perspective for life experiences.
What is a Merea and what do they do?– “Merea” (muh-rā-uh) is a Hebrew term that means young friend.
– A merea is a woman who welcomes the insight and knowledge of a more mature woman.
– She desires to develop certain skills and/or strengths for her personal and spiritual journey.
– She is looking for a woman who has dealt with or understands the struggles she now faces.
Interested in becoming a Merea?Download a TAG Merea Application Packet to get started
What commitment does the Mentoring Ministry require?– Your commitment is from January to May.
– All mereas & first-time mentors are required to attend an “Introduction to TAG” meeting before turning in an application.
– You will commit to faithfully meet together once a month, or more, if mutually agreed upon.
– You agree to pray for and communicate with each other regularly.
How will I be matched with my partner?– The TAG ministry team will match women with mentors/mereas based on spiritual, personality, and maturity compatibility.
– You may make a recommendation, which will be considered and prayed over.
– If you are turning in an application after the deadline, an extended amount of time may be needed to find a match that best fits you. Once matched, your commitment will formally end on May 31.
Do I have to be a member of The Heights to participate?– Membership AND faithful attendance to both worship and a Life Group is required to be a mentor. Mereas may not necessarily be members but must be actively seeking to deepen their relationship with Christ.
What do I do if my match is not working out?– Don’t just walk away from the relationship. Pray and be sure you have reached out numerous times to connect and develop a friendship.
– Contact one of the TAG Coordinators, Charlotte Swearingen or Lisa Kochuba, with any questions, concerns, or challenges you may be experiencing before making any decisions to terminate your mentoring relationship.
Interested in becoming a mentor?Download a TAG Mentor Application Packet to get started
- Start Here
- Life Groups
- Discipleship University
- Women’s Ministry
- Senior Adults
- Support Groups
- Worship Arts
- Give Online