Pregnancy Help Center of Chesterfield
The Pregnancy Help Center of Chesterfield exists for the purpose of providing support, education and resources for women and men facing unprepared pregnancy.
- Free pregnancy tests
- Support and mentoring throughout pregnancy
- ”Earn While You Learn” program, which teaches topics such as healthy pregnancy, nutrition, life skills, discipline, and healthy parenting
- “Baby Boutique”, where clients may shop for material resources for their baby
- Adoption and abortion information
- Referrals for family needs, medical help and job placement
- After-abortion care
- Men’s mentoring program
PHCC’s vision is to become the first choice of each woman facing an unplanned pregnancy by providing emotional, spiritual and material support.
Starting Ultrasound services soon, Fall 2015
To Volunteer at PHCC, please email or call information listed below. We will get a Volunteer Application to you and will get you plugged in where you feel comfortable. We have lots of volunteer opportunities!
Carla Herrmann, Executive Director
2675 Osborne Rd.
Chester, VA 23831
Reach Out Center of Petersburg
Colonial Heights Food Pantry
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Alliance for Social Ministry (CCHASM)
Northeastern Baptist College, Bennington, VT
The Gideons International is an Association of Christian business and professional men and their wives dedicated to telling people about Jesus through sharing personally and by providing Bibles and New Testaments. While we are known worldwide for our work with hotels, we share Scriptures in schools and colleges, prisons and jails, hospitals, and medical offices. We also provide Scriptures to police and fire personnel and members of the armed forces.
Locally we distribute New Testaments to Virginia State and Richard Bland students, youth at the Chesterfield County Fair, graduating high school seniors of Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover, New Kent and the City of Richmond, military personnel at Ft. Lee, and inmates at Chesterfield County Jail. In addition, we place Bibles in the hotels and senior health care facilities.
1. Christian Business and Professional Men who believe the Bible is the inspired (infallible and inerrant) Word of God and are members in good standing of their church are eligible for membership. If the man joins, his wife may also join.
2. Friends of Gideons is a way in which non-members can play a vital part in The Gideons International as Prayer Partners and, if they choose, as Financial Partners. Friends will receive from International Headquarters the latest information on distributions, ministry impact, and more via eNews and the Gideon Prayer Calendar. They will also be invited to certain local Gideon events by the camp to which they are assigned. www.gideons.org/friends
3.Anyone may donate directly or use the Gideon Card program. 100 % of all donations is used to place Bibles and New Testaments. All administration cost is either volunteer or funded from the membership dues. www.gideons.org/sendtheword
(h)(804) 748-5481 (c) (804) 814-5667
Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru)-Duke University
The Church at Winchester, Winchester, VA
City on A Hill Church, Brookline, MA (Boston)
Chosen Children Ministries, Nicaragua
House of Prayer Church, Ukraine
SBC of Virginia (SBCV)
SBCV Disaster Relief
SBCV English as a Second Language (ESL)
Mercy MallMercy Mall is a FREE boutique in Chesterfield county for anyone who is in need. We accept and give away gently used clothing, shoes, housewares, baby equipment, and furniture. We also stock new personal hygiene items as well as toilet paper and homemade laundry detergent. We have no geographic borders or qualifications, so are able to assist those in emergency situations and those who fall through the cracks.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit, volunteer-based organization that relies solely on financial and material donations from people and organizations in the community. Our vision is to ultimately bring hope to the hurting. Our volunteer shoppers pray with every client and share the gospel as the Spirit leads. Our mission is to serve the hungry, the homeless, and the hurting by filling practical needs, providing resources, and building relationships. Things are always changing at the Mercy Mall, so please stay connected to us through our Facebook page: Chesterfield Mercy Mall or through our website.
1. E-mail email@example.com to receive our Sign-up Genius to volunteer at the boutique
2. Be a monthly financial partner
3. Make homemade laundry detergent
4. Host a collection drive
5. Like our Facebook page and stay connected
6. Join our pick-up/delivery team
7. Commit to praying!!
870-688-1535 personal cell
804-464-7294 organization Google voicemail
The Mission of HopeTree Family ServicesThe Mission of HopeTree Family Services is to provide Christian residential, educational, and support services to at-risk children and youth, and to adults with intellectual disabilities throughout Virginia.
HopeTree’s Foster Care program helps meet the needs of children and youth who require individualized care and attention in a stable, Christian family setting. Our goal is to create a foster home environment which enhances the emotional, educational, physical, social, and spiritual development of every child.
1. Become a foster parent
2. Become a respite parent (welcoming a child into your home on a short-term basis)
3. Host an information session for friends, relatives or a small group that may want to be involved
4. Donate materials needed for children – toiletries, pajamas, suitcases or large bins
5. Become a Christmas sponsor for a child in foster care
Abigail Schreiner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-9370
Grace Home MinistriesGrace Home Ministries exists to provide support services for young women facing an unplanned pregnancy, equipping them with the knowledge and tools to have a successful and more abundant life.
Grace Home Ministries accomplishes this through two avenues. The Grace Home, a residential maternity home for young women ages 13-20, provides housing in a family environment, counseling and transitional help to its residents. The Grace Project pairs young women in school with mentors to help them continue on the path of graduation while also teaching them about pregnancy and parenting.
Grace Home Ministries is a private faith based non-profit funded solely by the sacrificial giving of private donors, churches and local businesses. If you would like to help us reach young women with free or low cost services please consider donating financially at www.gracehomeministries.org/donate.
If you are interested on how you can serve as a mentor, please visit our website for more information on our upcoming Mentor Interest Meetings.
Tanya Glanzman, Executive Director
For more information about a specific ministry partner, please contact the church office at 804-526-0424.