Acknowledging that we are never too old to learn more or to grow closer to God, we place a huge emphasis on seeking to know Him more through the study of His Word. This emphasis is found in several avenues within the church programs:
- Life Groups – These classes are held during the Sunday morning hours and is one of our primary ways to be involved in both Bible Study and community with others
- Discipleship – Discipleship Classes are offered on Wednesday nights and will cover a variety of subjects.
- Senior Studies – These studies are designed primarily for our Senior Adults, although it is open for others to attend. These classes will be offered at scheduled times throughout the year and may range from a one day study to a series of classes. These studies take place during the day and will usually include a “Bring your own Sandwich” luncheon.
Realizing that the generations that make up today’s Senior Adults have been among the hardest working and most productive generations in history, we know that most of you still have a desire and ability to serve and to make an impact. Therefore we encourage you to find avenues of service within both the general church programs and the Senior Adult group itself. Here are some opportunities available to you:
- Outreach and Evangelism
- Sunday Morning Greeters, Nursery Volunteers, Life Group leaders
- Prayer Ministry – Many who cannot even get out regularly can minister through becoming a part of the dedicated prayer ministry of the church.
- AWANA Listeners – Can you give time on Wednesday nights to listen to children recite the Bible verses they have learned?
- Seniors Helping Seniors – The emphasis in this program is getting those Seniors who are active involved in helping others. Maybe you could drive another Senior to a doctor’s appointment, or sign-up for Nursing Home Visitation, or visit others in the hospital.
Fellowship and fun are also vital parts of community and relationships. Acknowledging that fact, we have times for those scheduled into our ministry.
- We have regular meetings scheduled for a time of fellowship, a meal, and a program. The programs can range from inspirational to informative and include things such as picnics and Christmas dinners.
- We also want to provide opportunities for trips, both day excursions and overnight trips. We will be planning some for places like Riverside Dinner Theater and events like the Southern Gospel SpringFest and Senior Adult Fall Celebration at Ridgecrest Conference Center.